Altura is working with Sharp HealthCare to develop and implement a portfolio-wide Energy Strategic Plan to reduce energy costs and environmental impact, while improving operational efficiency, indoor environmental quality, employee productivity and patient comfort. When fully implemented, the plan has the potential to help Sharp achieve a cumulative utility cost savings of $39M by 2030, cumulative greenhouse gas emission savings of 202,240 MT CO2e, and recognition as an industry leading sustainable healthcare provider. Looking forward, the plan will be expanded into a broader CSR Program addressing water conservation, waste and recycling, transportation, supply chain, workforce diversity, philanthropy, community impact programs and other social and environmental impacts.
To support Sharp’s 2030 Energy Strategic Plan, Altura is implementing “Tier 5” advanced energy technologies including fuel cells, renewable energy and battery storage. The goal of this effort is to optimize for cost savings, site impacts, greenhouse gas emissions and business continuity across Sharp’s building portfolio. Altura is completing a deeper analysis of electrical infrastructure characterize critical loads and backup power requirements for medical office buildings (MOBs) identified by Sharp.
- Santee SGIP Incentive Support: In pursuit of achieving zero net energy, Sharp Healthcare is installing batteries at its new medical office building located in Santee, California. Altura is providing support with the incentive process by completing the application and gathering all necessary documentation. Capturing these incentives will decrease the total installed cost of the system, while will help encourage the installment of renewable and advanced energy technologies across the broader portfolio.
Altura is performing portfolio-wide building retro commissioning for office buildings, hospitals, and laboratories, at the following locations:
- Spectrum HQ Building Commissioning: 190,303 square foot four-story corporate office headquarters
- Copley Laboratory Building: 152,000 square foot administrative and laboratory facility
Tech Way: 44,107 square foot two-story office building
Memorial Hospital: 1,051,987 square foot campus of hospital and medical services building
- Chula Vista Medical Center (Hospital): 474,417 square foot campus of hospital and medical buildings
- Grossmont Hospital: 672,832 square foot campus
- Coronado Hospital: 135,000 square foot hospital
- Mesa Vista Hospital: 120,000 square foot hospital
- Grossmont Medical Plaza: 107,547 square foot, six-floor medical office building
- Central Pharmacy: 15,374 square foot building
- Rees-Stealy Mira Mesa: 36,098 square foot medical office building
- Rees-Stealy Downtown: 65,000 square foot medical office building
- Rees-Stealy Otay Ranch: 67,000 square foot three-story outpatient medical office building
- Chula Vista Cancer Center: 40,858 square foot, three-floor medical office building
- Chula Vista Medical Center: 48,851 square foot, two-floor building which includes an outpatient surgery center and imaging center