Altura, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of our clients’ organizations. Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from building control systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in control system design and programming, engineering, project implementation, data analytics, commissioning, and financial analysis to identify and implement control project optimization at scale to achieve meaningful results for our clients.
Altura is actively seeking an experienced individual to support our building controls practice to help us grow and scale our impact. We are seeking someone who is excited to help us continue to pioneer best in class approaches to secure, scaled and centralized building automation system architectures that unlock the industry from proprietary and vertically managed hardware solutions. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with strategic vision and ambition to get the job done. Working at Altura will offer the stability of a professional services firm working strategically at the enterprise level with the excitement of delivering real solutions in the field without being tied to a single project for months dealing with basic construction issues that often dominate controls projects.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Client management
- Project management of enterprise system integration work and projects
- Future management of internal team members
- Technical work and reporting delivery
- Client and project team stakeholder communication and coordination
- Support on-going client technical strategy development for Smart Building control systems, including retrofit, new construction, conversion, and optimization projects
- Manage the design, implementation, and optimization of scalable Niagara programming and graphics supervisors to deliver centralized project optimization and analytics integration across existing and new building control systems
- Manage a workload that incorporates roughly 15-25% field work and 75-85% office (or work from home)
- 5-10 years of direct experience using a variety of building automation systems, including installing, configuring, programming, calibrating, validating, and networking BAS serial and Ethernet devices; HVAC unit controls; Lighting controls; Energy metering
- Foundational understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation including experience collaborating and communicating with Information Technology (IT) personnel, experience and know how prescribing reliable, secure communication pathways and network subnetting configurations, familiarity and comprehension of common IT tools such as routers, switches, firewalls, and media converters, understanding of the different tools and techniques for managing BAS data across different layers of network architecture, and deep experience troubleshooting BAS communication and networking issues
- Experience procuring, implementing, and managing scaled deployments of Niagara networks, including licensing and version control, compatibility requirements, vulnerability patching, resource monitoring and troubleshooting, architecture additions and expansion best practices
- Direct experience and skills using Tridium Niagara AX and Niagara 4, including Niagara 4 certification, integration of a wide variety of 3rd party devices including proprietary and non-proprietary protocols, complex wire sheet programming skills, comprehensive understanding and skills managing Niagara databases, including platform management and services, station configuration and management, and efficient station to station importing of schedules, histories, alarms, and point data, and graphics and visualization
- Creative, positive, self-starting, problem solving
- Design and implementation of end-to-end building automation hardware and software solutions, including controller selection and layout, sensor selection and layout, network architecture layout, detailed articulation of sequences of operations, BAS scope of work documentation
- Experience developing custom works within the Niagara developer framework
- Deep experience integrating legacy proprietary control systems into the Niagara framework
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Workday
More About Altura
Altura, LLC is a professional services firm with a mission to improve energy, environmental, and financial performance for clients using a data-driven, people-centric approach that delivers immediate and lasting value.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in engineering, energy analysis, and building automation system design & commissioning to make smart building performance a reality for our clients. We have offices in California and Washington state and we support remote employees working across the country.
Altura is an affiliate of Clark Construction Group.