Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of our clients’ organizations. Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from building control systems and networks, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in information technology, control system design and programming, engineering, project implementation, data analytics, commissioning, and financial analysis to identify and implement control project optimization at scale in order to achieve meaningful results for our clients.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated IT professional who is looking for a new challenge in applying IT skills to the Smart Building Automation landscape. Candidates should have a growth mindset and be willing to learn new skills in building automation and control systems.
We are seeking someone who is excited to help us continue to pioneer best in class approaches to secure, scaled and centralized building automation system architectures that unlock the industry from proprietary and vertically managed hardware solutions. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with strategic vision and ambition to get the job done.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Leverage strong IT expertise to design, implement, optimize, and manage scalable cloud-based Niagara programming and graphics supervisors to deliver centralized project optimization and analytics integration across existing and new building control systems
- Support the development of software tools that enable the scalable deployment and management of Smart Building control system networks
- Manage a workload that incorporates roughly 10-20% field work and 80-90% office-based work
- 3-5+ years of experience in the Information Technology (IT) field, including network design, troubleshooting, software license management, software updates, data integrity and on-going performance monitoring
- Solid understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation including experience collaborating and communicating with other IT personnel, experience and know how prescribing reliable, secure communication pathways and network subnetting configurations, familiarity and comprehension of common IT tools such as routers, switches, firewalls, and media converters
- Experience programming in JAVA or similar languages
- Ambitious, positive, self starting, problem solving
- Desire to learn building automation system tools and software systems
- Experience procuring, implementing and managing scaled deployments of Niagara networks, including licensing and version control, compatibility requirements, vulnerability patching, resource monitoring and troubleshooting, architecture additions and expansion best practices
- Design and implementation of end to end building automation hardware and software solutions, including controller selection and layout, sensor selection and layout, network architecture layout, detailed articulation of sequences of operations, BAS scope of work documentation
- Experience developing custom works within the Niagara developer framework
- Direct experience and skills using Tridium Niagara AX and Niagara 4, including Niagara 4 certification, integration of a wide variety of 3rd party devices including proprietary and non-proprietary protocols, complex wire sheet programming skills, comprehensive understanding and skills managing Niagara databases, including platform management and services, station configuration and management, and efficient station to station importing of schedules, histories, alarms, and point data, and graphics and visualization
More About Altura
Altura is proud to offer a generous benefits package which includes competitive starting salary and an automatic 3% 401k contribution an annual profit-sharing program which all employees participate in on day one. Details of our benefits package include:
- Generous annual profit-sharing program
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage (company pays 80% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums; life and LTD benefits are 100% paid by Altura)
- 401(k) plan (3% Company contribution, all contributions are always 100% vested)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- 10 holidays per year, plus 15 days paid time off per year (increases to 20 days after 5 years of service)
- On-site fitness center at our Irvine, CA headquarters
- Alternative transportation benefits available
- Monthly smartphone reimbursement
We pride ourselves on our company’s unique entrepreneurial, high energy culture and flat organizational structure which empowers employees to take action and achieve results for our clients.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Building Automation IT Engineer application” in the subject line. Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.