Altura, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of our clients’ organizations. Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from building control systems and networks, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in information technology, control system design and programming, engineering, project implementation, data analytics, commissioning, and financial analysis to identify and implement control project optimization at scale to achieve meaningful results for our clients.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated BAS professional who is looking for a new challenge in applying skills to the Smart Building Automation landscape. Candidates should have a growth mindset and be willing to learn new skills in building automation and control systems and IT/Networking.
We are seeking someone who is excited to help us continue to pioneer best in class approaches to secure, scaled and centralized building automation system architectures that unlock the industry from proprietary and vertically managed hardware solutions. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with strategic vision and ambition to get the job done.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Leverage strong BAS expertise to design, implement, optimize, and manage scalable cloud-based Niagara programming and graphics supervisors to deliver centralized project optimization and analytics integration across existing and new building control systems
- Learn new techniques for implementing BAS in a predominantly IT based networking environment. Be able to consult on, troubleshoot, and maintain these systems.
- Manage a workload that incorporates roughly 10-20% project management work and 80-90% technical implementation work.
- 3-5+ years of experience in the Building Automation (BAS) field, including BAS design, troubleshooting, programming, software license management, software updates, data integrity and on-going performance monitoring
- Foundational understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation including experience collaborating and communicating with other IT personnel, experience and know how prescribing reliable, secure communication pathways and network subnetting configurations, familiarity and comprehension of common IT tools such as routers, switches, firewalls, and media converters
- Experience programming in JAVA or similar languages
- Creative, positive, self-starting, problem solving
- Desire to learn building automation system tools and software systems
- Experience procuring, implementing, and managing scaled deployments of Niagara networks, including licensing and version control, compatibility requirements, vulnerability patching, resource monitoring and troubleshooting, architecture additions and expansion best practices
- Deign and implementation of end-to-end building automation hardware and software solutions, including controller selection and layout, sensor selection and layout, network architecture layout, detailed articulation of sequences of operations, BAS scope of work documentation
- Direct experience and skills using Tridium Niagara AX and Niagara 4, including Niagara 4 certification, integration of a wide variety of 3rd party devices including proprietary and non-proprietary protocols, complex wire sheet programming skills, comprehensive understanding and skills managing Niagara databases, including platform management and services, station configuration and management, and efficient station to station importing of schedules, histories, alarms, and point data, and graphics and visualization
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Workday
More About Altura
Altura, LLC is a professional services firm with a mission to improve energy, environmental, and financial performance for clients using a data-driven, people-centric approach that delivers immediate and lasting value.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in engineering, energy analysis, and building automation system design & commissioning to make smart building performance a reality for our clients. We have offices in California and Washington state and we support remote employees working across the country.
Altura is an affiliate of Clark Construction Group.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
For more information on Equal Opportunity, you may visit this link.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis in order to be considered.