Altura, LLC (an affiliate of Clark Construction Group) is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of our clients’ organizations. Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from building energy and commissioning engineering, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls system engineering, project implementation, data analytics, controls, and financial analysis to identify and implement energy and commissioning project optimization at scale in order to achieve meaningful results for our clients. Altura has pioneered the Connected Commissioning process for new and existing buildings, leveraging in-house developed analytics tools to support our engineering teams in delivering high performing projects we can be proud of.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated energy & commissioning engineer who is looking for a new challenge in applying skills to the Smart Building landscape. Candidates should have a growth mindset and be willing to learn new skills in building engineering, analytics and control systems. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with strategic vision and ambition to get the job done.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple, diverse energy and commissioning projects, including client interface, team coordination, and schedule & budget management
- Perform field work including site audits, systems testing, systems troubleshooting, and development of energy improvement measures
- Execute testing protocols to verify the operating energy performance of building systems as part of the overall commissioning process
- Perform technical analysis necessary to support development and verification of energy savings for buildings and organizations
- Leverage data analytics to support energy engineering and commissioning processes
- Run new construction and existing building energy and commissioning projects or support significant portions of projects with minimal task level oversight. Tasks include:
- Energy Projects: Energy savings project development, performing site energy audits, analysis and calculation of energy conservation measure performance, measurement and verification (M&V) of energy savings performance, use of analytical tools (SkySpark analytics experience preferred).
- New Construction Commissioning Projects: Project management, design reviews, submittal reviews, Cx documentation coordination, functional testing, SkySpark driven analysis.
- Existing Building Audits and Commissioning Projects: Project management, ASHRAE Level 1&2 Audits, field testing, SkySpark driven analysis, project presentations, bid document development, implementation support, M&V.
- Ability to travel to sites for field work but based in the Mid-Atlantic region, preferably Washington DC area.
- 3-10+ years of experience in engineering field (mechanical preferred), including building energy engineering (MEP and controls). Desired: energy project, commissioning and project management experience
- Exemplary analytical and problem-solving skills in the areas of energy and commissioning performance
- Demonstrated success delivering complex, custom project scopes for a variety of commercial, healthcare and institutional clients
- Experience linking the impacts of a wide range of energy and environmental indicators to business financial metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related discipline. Desired: P.E.
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Effective working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong listening, communication and writing skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
Key Attributes of Successful Candidate
We anticipate a candidate will be successful in this role if they have strengths in some of the following areas:
- Self-Directed: Ability to resolve schedule and coordination challenges without significant support
- Technically Competent: Knowledge of building MEP and controls systems
- Consensus Driver: Ability to facilitate teamwork-based solutions with field, design, and owner stakeholders
- Systems Thinker: Ability to look at disparate data sources and understand system functionality
- Organized: Detail-oriented with follow through on tasks
Please submit your application through Workday
More About Altura
Altura, LLC is a professional services firm with a mission to improve energy, environmental, and financial performance for clients using a data-driven, people-centric approach that delivers immediate and lasting value.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in engineering, energy analysis, and building automation system design & commissioning to make smart building performance a reality for our clients. We have offices in California and Washington state and we support remote employees working across the country.
Altura is an affiliate of Clark Construction Group.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Clark Construction Group, LLC, (subsidiaries and affiliates) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Clark Construction promotes a drug-free workplace.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
For more information on Equal Opportunity, you may visit this link.
Authorization to Work:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full time basis in order to be considered.