Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of an organization. We go beyond traditional consulting, using a people-centric approach designed to make immediate and lasting performance improvements.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in building commissioning, energy audits and analysis, engineering, facilitation, project implementation, training, and financial analysis.
Our team is actively seeking an Associate with exceptional data systems and development skills, strong problem solving instincts and communications, and a demonstrated interest in the energy efficiency and/or high performance, smart buildings. Developing and using innovative tools and functionality for enhanced management, analysis and decision making of extensive database systems is the crux of this position.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute tools that enhance the productivity of Altura core services. This includes both internal and client-facing tools creating a flexible, robust workflow
- Maintain Altura’s cutting edge by implementing the latest data analytics and machine learning capabilities (i.e. forecasting, and multiple regression analysis to improve building occupant comfort and reduce energy costs by increasing overall building system efficiency)
- Explore novel methodologies of leveraging Altura’s existing data management infrastructure to increase suite of services offered to the client
- Irvine, CA is the preferred location for this position, with flexible work arrangements possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other Science or Engineering majors that included significant experience programming in Java, Python, Ruby or other common object-oriented web languages
- Significant knowledge of statistical and other data analysis techniques
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Effective working in a collaborative team environment
- Self-starter with natural intellectual curiosity
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated client service attitude
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Experience in building engineering/science, energy or sustainability
- Experience using SkySpark, or similar building data analytics software
- Experience in the building energy industry combined with big data analysis using open source tools to perform multiple regression, forecasting, and machine learning analysis is vital to this position
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment with core values of empowerment, teamwork, and optimism
- Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Data Science Associate position application” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in joining the Altura team!