Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of our clients’ organizations. Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from building control systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in control system design and programming, engineering, project implementation, data analytics, commissioning, and financial analysis to identify and implement control project optimization at scale in order to achieve meaningful results for our clients.
Altura is actively seeking an experienced individual to support our building controls practice in order to help us grow and scale our impact. We are seeking someone who is excited to help us continue to pioneer best in class approaches to secure, scaled and centralized building automation system architectures that unlock the industry from proprietary and vertically managed hardware solutions. We believe that achieving the potential of Smart Buildings requires deep expertise in the realities of the field combined with strategic vision and ambition to get the job done. Working at Altura will offer the stability of a professional services firm working strategically at the enterprise level with the excitement of delivering real solutions in the field without being tied to a single project for months dealing with basic construction issues that often dominate controls projects.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Support on-going client technical strategy development for Smart Building control systems, including retrofit, new construction, conversion, and optimization projects
- Design, implement, optimize, and manage scalable Niagara programming and graphics supervisors to deliver centralized project optimization and analytics integration across existing and new building control systems
- Manage a workload that incorporates roughly 25-40% field work and 60-75% office-based work
- Position is based in Irvine, CA
- 5-10 years of direct experience using a variety of building automation systems, including installing, configuring, programming, calibrating, validating and networking BAS serial and Ethernet devices; HVAC unit controls; Lighting controls; Energy metering
- Solid understanding of information technology as it relates to building automation including experience collaborating and communicating with Information Technology (IT) personnel, experience and know how prescribing reliable, secure communication pathways and network subnetting configurations, familiarity and comprehension of common IT tools such as routers, switches, firewalls, and media converters, understanding of the different tools and techniques for managing BAS data across different layers of network architecture, and deep experience troubleshooting BAS communication and networking issues
- Experience procuring, implementing and managing scaled deployments of Niagara networks, including licensing and version control, compatibility requirements, vulnerability patching, resource monitoring and troubleshooting, architecture additions and expansion best practices
- Direct experience and skills using Tridium Niagara AX and Niagara 4, including Niagara 4 certification, integration of a wide variety of 3rd party devices including proprietary and non-proprietary protocols, complex wire sheet programming skills, comprehensive understanding and skills managing Niagara databases, including platform management and services, station configuration and management, and efficient station to station importing of schedules, histories, alarms, and point data, and graphics and visualization
- Ambitious, positive, self starting, problem solving
- Design and implementation of end to end building automation hardware and software solutions, including controller selection and layout, sensor selection and layout, network architecture layout, detailed articulation of sequences of operations, BAS scope of work documentation
- Experience developing custom works within the Niagara developer framework
- Deep experience integrating legacy proprietary control systems into the Niagara framework
More About Altura
Altura is proud to offer a generous benefits package which includes competitive starting salary and an automatic 3% 401k contribution an annual profit-sharing program which all employees participate in on day one. Details of our benefits package include:
- Generous annual profit-sharing program
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage (company pays 80% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums; life and LTD benefits are 100% paid by Altura)
- 401(k) plan (3% Company contribution, all contributions are always 100% vested)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- 10 holidays per year, plus 15 days paid time off per year (increases to 20 days after 5 years of service)
- On-site fitness center at our Irvine, CA headquarters
- Alternative transportation benefits available
- Monthly smartphone reimbursement
We pride ourselves on our company’s unique entrepreneurial, high energy culture and flat organizational structure which empowers employees to take action and achieve results for our clients.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please specify “Senior Automation Associate application” in the subject line.