Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm based in Irvine, CA. We help clients to establish and meet their goals or energy and environmental performance. Our collaborative team is focused on taking action, implementing energy retrofits, and innovation in smart building controls. The company services leading clients throughout the U.S. and internationally.
Altura Associates, Inc. is actively seeking a mechanical engineer in the Washington, D.C. area. This position will be responsible for projects in the planning, design, construction, and operations phases and perform construction management, commissioning and energy analysis tasks. The successful candidate will combine strong leadership skills with deep mechanical engineering skills and diverse field experience in the design-build contractor space, as well as experience in commissioning and optimization of building systems.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Develop mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls bidding documents to support energy retrofits (not drafting design work)
- Perform detailed engineering peer reviews of construction documents
- Manage construction projects including new and retrofit
- Commissioning, including new construction, retro-commissioning, monitoring-based and on-going commissioning
- Continuously evolve and improve commissioning processes and resources to meet client needs
- Perform technical analysis necessary to interpret building operating data
- Communicate the business value of technical results to wide range of client stakeholders
- Work effectively as a member of an empowered, professional team
- Based in Washington D.C. area with ability to travel for client engagements.
- Demonstrated success in engineering design-build contracting space and construction management
- Experience with commissioning on a minimum of 3 projects
- Successful participation/ completion of at least 3 large scale retro, on-going, or monitoring-based commissioning projects
- Exemplary skills in analyzing large energy data sets and generating recommendations for energy conservation measures and operational improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Effective working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong listening, communication and writing skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- PE (Washington, D.C.)
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with building energy simulation
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Desire to work in a small team environment with core values of empowerment, teamwork, and optimism
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “DC Associate PM position application” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in joining the Altura team!