Altura Associates, LLC is a professional services firm focused on improving energy, environmental, and financial performance across all levels of an organization. We go beyond traditional consulting, using a people-centric approach designed to make immediate and lasting performance improvements.
Altura has deep expertise in deriving value from data systems, scaling from individual buildings to real estate portfolios. We leverage core skills in building commissioning, energy audits and analysis, engineering, facilitation, project implementation, training, and financial analysis to achieve meaningful results for our clients. Altura is actively seeking an individual to provide data analytics-related support functions that will help us grow and scale our impact.
Scope & Responsibilities
- Company-wide code management, testing, and deployment to all internal and client-facing production applications.
- Maintain and update internal knowledge base and client-facing user documentation for production applications with assistance from primary developers.
- Support and train internal users and clients on applications in one-on-one and group settings to achieve required proficiency.
- Assist internal and client facing application users in debugging and escalating bugs and feature requests to maintain leading-edge software.
- Preserve production database integrity and reduce technical debt by enforcing standards, continuing to improve enterprise-scale database management tools and techniques, and training software users.
- Support network connectivity between production environments and client data sources to maintain data availability for use in client-facing applications.
- Flexible work location – either Irvine or Oakland. Remote locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience with contemporary development tools such as Git, BitBucket, Sourcetree, JIRA, and testrail.
- Knowledge of testing workflows such as unit/automated testing and continuous integration.
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience in and/or willingness to learn, test, and apply Fantom (www.fantom.org) and Axon (www.skyfoundry.com) languages in development and production systems.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team to thoroughly test and deploy code reliably to production systems.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and iterate on software tools for internal and external uses using feedback from clients and team members.
- Proactive, client-centric approach to software development and implementation.
- Ability to assist developers with code and user documentation.
- Experience in Axon language programming.
- Experience in Fantom language programming.
- Experience with API testing.
- Experience with server management (Windows/Linux).
- Experience with network architecture and web server software (Apache, NGINX).
- Experience developing in React.
- Desire to work with a mission-based firm with core values of empowerment, teamwork, and optimism.
More About Altura
Altura is proud to offer a generous benefits package which includes competitive starting salary and an automatic 3% 401k contribution an annual profit sharing program which all employees participate in on day one. We also offer the following benefits:
- Generous annual profit sharing program.
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance coverage (company pays 80% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums; life and LTD benefits are 100% paid by Altura).
- 401(k) plan (3% Company contribution, all contributions are always 100% vested).
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care expenses.
- 10 holidays per year, plus 15 days paid time off per year (increases to 20 days after 5 years of service).
- On-site fitness center at our Irvine, CA headquarters.
- Alternative transportation benefits available.
- Monthly smartphone reimbursement.
We pride ourselves on our company’s unique entrepreneurial, high energy culture and flat organizational structure which empowers employees to take action and achieve results for our clients.